[I'm wondering, now that the Nobel Peace Prize has been relegated to "trinket" status, is harry reid vying for the award? He probably picked up real quick on the fact that it no longer has to be earned by worthy works or great experience. In an apparent attempt to jockey to the front of the line, reid played his "race card" Monday on the Senate floor. In front of the usual attending morons, he made the following statement:]
- “Instead of joining us on the right side of history, all the Republicans can come up with is, ’slow down, stop everything, let’s start over.’ If you think you’ve heard these same excuses before, you’re right,” Reid said.
- “When this country belatedly recognized the wrongs of slavery, there were those who dug in their heels and said ’slow down, it’s too early, things aren’t bad enough.’”
- “When women spoke up for the right to speak up, they wanted to vote, some insisted they simply, slow down, there will be a better day to do that, today isn’t quite right."
- “When this body was on the verge of guaranteeing equal civil rights to everyone regardless of the color of their skin, some senators resorted to the same filibuster threats that we hear today.”
That seemed to be a reference to Thurmond’s famous 1957 filibuster — the late senator switched parties several years later.
EVEN Jesse Jackson Pissed At The "Clown Prince!"
Fluffy obama has managed to start pissing off those whose efforts bought him the job he's currently baffled by. Jesse Jackson was interviewed by Travis Smiley on PBS on the topics of Afganistan and Fluffy's impending "jobs summit." Here are Jackson quotes from that interview:
- [Afganistan] So we're almost back to where Dr. King was 40 years ago -- can we balance off expanding into adventurous war territory while giving more privileges to the rich and the powerful and leaving the poor essentially on wait.
- [Afganistan] Well, you go to war with a focus on winning, not on exiting, because it may be an overtime ballgame. This is the Super Bowl of global confrontation, and so if the mission is worth pursuing it's worth taking the time to do it. We do not know how long it will take, nor how much it will cost.
- [Economy] Now we bailed out the banks without linking to bailing out homeowners, and so we kind of own it planned out where you have more foreclosures than you have modifications. You own a situation where we're losing jobs by the droves without some plan to stop the hemorrhage and some kind of plan for economic reconstruction.
- [Economy] But you must judge him early by the priorities and the priorities first with the bailout, the banks with no linkage to bailing out domestic America. (Unintelligible) priorities shift it to bailing out Afghanistan and the healthcare plan. In the meantime, within these cities, the unemployment levels are disastrously high. Forty-nine million Americans are food-underserved. They're omitting meals or skipping meals, so to speak.
- [Economy] We need targeted jobs now, for the unemployment, for all of us. Forty-nine million Americans who are food-underserved need a food-directed program now. As for the patterns of race discrimination, we've found through the attorney generals that these major banks target and profile Blacks and Latinos are (unintelligible). That they've violated the laws, they've violated -- they've circumvented fair lending laws, they circumvented community reinvestment laws. As opposed to getting a bailout, they should be facing the courts for breaking the law.
Mister Jackson's comments are very targeted as usual. Although with Afganistan he marginally takes the "Clown Prince" to task on his alleged exit from the war rather than "playing to win!!" Jesse seems to counter the mainstream obamacRAT thinking, that of "Who cares if we win, we have to leave in 18 months." On the economy he spouts the standard not-for-profit rhetoric.... More cash, more food, more government help, blah, blah, blah.... He is wrong with his thoughts on the current economy: NOT more help; more of a push out the door to work!!! The Great Society [LBJ] did little but increase the government handouts-when either a hand-UP or a swift KICK IN THE ASS was [and IS] required!!!Fluffy's "Brookings" Blather......
"Almost exactly one year ago, on a cold winter's day, I met with my new economic team at the headquarters of my presidential transition offices in Chicago. Over the course of four hours, my advisors presented an analysis of where the economy stood, accompanied by a chilling set of charts and graphs, predicting where we might end up. It was an unforgettable series of presentations. Christy Romer, tapped to head the Council of Economic Advisers, and Larry Summers, who I'd chosen to head the National Economic Council, described an imminent downturn comparable in its severity to almost nothing since the 1930s. Tim Geithner, my incoming Treasury Secretary, reported that the financial system, shaken by the subprime crisis, had halted almost all lending, which in turn threatened to pull the broader economy into a downward spiral.
- Fluffy is expecting a guy who can't figure out how to use "Turbo-Tax" to fix the financial system.
- The sub-prime mess originated with both "Slick-Willie" Clinton and his HUD Secretary, Andrew Cuomo. They both forced Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as well as private lenders to loosen their requirements. This resulted in mortgages issued to people who couldn't and wouldn't pay them back; this resulted in people buying homes they couldn't afford and had no intention of paying for.
And Peter Orszag, my incoming Budget Director, closed out the proceedings with an entirely dismal report on the fiscal health of the country, with growing deficits and debt stretching to the horizon. Having concluded that it was too late to request a recount, I tasked my team with mapping out a plan to tackle the crisis on all fronts.
- The continuing "dismal fiscal health" is a direct result of the "Clown Prince's" fascist fiscal policies. Not only does he have ZERO EXPERIENCE, he has never even carried an Econ101 textbook!! This single course would have told him he's "all wet" when it comes to economic principles!!
- There can never be a fix to the country's fiscal health so long as Fluffy's primary objective is "wealth re-distribution!!"
It was not long after that meeting, as we shaped this economic plan, that we began to see these forecasts materialize. Over the previous year, it was obvious that folks were facing hard times. As I traveled across the country during a long campaign, I often met men and women bearing the brunt of not only a deepening recession, but also years - even decades - of growing strains on middle class families.
- Even prior to this "shaping an economic plan"..... do you remember when Fluffy cried on President Bush's shoulder, begging him to have HIS advisors formulate and push through congress, the TARP program to deal with toxic assets?? Remember "we had to have a vote on it 'by Friday' " That was the start of this financial fiasco-coupled with Clinton's and Cuomo's actions.
But now the country was experiencing something far worse. Our Gross Domestic Product - the sum total of all that our economy produces - fell at the fastest rate in a quarter century. $5 trillion of Americans' household wealth evaporated in just twelve weeks as stocks, pensions, and home values plummeted. We were losing an average of 700,000 jobs each month, equivalent to the population of the state of Vermont. The fear among economists across the political spectrum was that we were rapidly plummeting toward a second Great Depression. So, in the weeks and months that followed, we undertook a series of difficult steps to prevent that outcome. And we were forced to take those steps largely without the help of an opposition party which, unfortunately, after having presided over the decision-making that led to the crisis, decided to hand it over to others to solve.
- When it's all 'boiled down,' that Porkulus Plan amounted to nothing more than a presidential slush-fund!! It lined many, many pockets of Fluffy's supporters; like all those "created and saved jobs" that came about!!
- By definition, there are a maximum of 435 congressional districts, nationwide-cuz there's 435 morons in the House of Representatives, see how that works?? Fluffy's own website: whitehouse.gov, stated that 440 congressional districts had received porkulus funds and created or saved billions and billions of jobs!! PURE FICTION!!! Many of those "created or saved" jobs occurred in several non-existent districts in Arizona!!!
We acted to get lending flowing again so businesses could get loans to buy equipment and ordinary Americans could get financing to buy homes and cars, to go to college, and to start or run businesses. We enacted measures to stem the tide of foreclosures in our housing market, helping responsible homeowners stay in their homes and helping to stop the broader decline in home values which was eating away at what tends to be a family's largest asset. To achieve this, and to prevent an economic collapse, we were forced to extend assistance to some of the very banks and financial institutions whose actions had helped precipitate the turmoil.
- Again-by definition-stemming the tide of foreclosures only serves to keep people in homes they can ill afford and have no intention of paying for.
- Every segment of the economy is cyclical!! The housing market has ups-and-downs, like every other segment. Over time-if left alone-each segment will recover.
- All this tampering with the economy is nothing more than buying votes!!!
- There is no company or industry too large to fail. Let me repeat that: THERE IS NO COMPANY OR INDUSTRY TOO LARGE TO FAIL!!
- In large part, the primary reason for the auto industry's financial woes are the direct responsibility of the auto workers' unions!! Those very organizations that bought the election for Fluffy; Where do you think his allegiences will lie?? Certainly not with the American populus!!
- The auto bailout not only rewarded poor management and poor performance, it gave Fluffy control-actually ownership-of 60% of the American auto industry!!
- As with everything else the government owns or controls, the value of GM stock plunged compared to that one company that did not take a bailout!! Just for a laugh-unless you're a GM investor-compare Ford Motor Co stock [F] with General Motors stock[MTLQQ.PK] over time:
- [F]-11/008= $1.57/share, 12/09/009= $8.96;
- [MTLQQ.PK]-11/008= $3.18, 12/09/009= 59 CENTS!!
- If you were a "Fluffy Boob" and kept your GM stock-you LOST 190%!!
- If you were like me and BOUGHT Ford in November, 2008, you profited by 471%!! These few statistics paint the picture of the administration: LOSERS!!!
Now, even as we worked to address the crises in our banking sector, in our housing market, and in our auto industry, we also began attacking our economic crisis on a broader front. Less than one month after taking office we enacted the most sweeping economic recovery package in history: The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The Recovery Act was divided into three parts. One-third went for tax relief for small businesses and 95 percent of working families."
- Really cute "Fluff" from the Blather-meister!! Beside funding the presidential slush-fund, why was $787Billion necessary?? It's been nearly ten-months and only 1/3 of it has been pissed away.
- The most notible investment was the $300Million it took to turn Mary Landrieu from a legislator to the world's most expensive whore!! harry reid pimped her for another obamaCare vote!!!
- I can't wait for the $262.3Billion in federal tax relief.... think it'll ever come? NAH, not for you and I, it'll go for more "Clown Prince" supporters-KoolAiders!!