What-The-Hell's It All About, Anyway?!?
I'm fairly sure I know what it's NOT about. occupy Wall Street IS NOT comparable to the "Tea Party" movement as the incompetent media; the 'national pamphleteers,' would have the public believe! Objectives of the two 'organizations' are (possibly) diametrically opposed to one-another:
The "Tea Party" movement came into being as a direct result of Glenn Beck's "We Surround Them;" a series of 2009 specials on Glenn Beck's FoxTV program. An offshoot of the 'WST' series was the "9-12 Project," not a result of the 'Tax Day' protests of the 1990s or the December 16, 2007 celebration of the original 'Boston Tea Party' by Ron Paul supporters-as some contend. There are many who claim leadership of the "Tea Party" movement, most for financial gain rather than the promotion of any stated principles. The principles and values of the "9-12 Project" as compiled by Mr Beck:
The Nine Principles are:Thus is the basis for the "Tea Party" movement. Try as I might, I can find no comparable principles or values for the 'occupy Wall Street' organization. What I was able to find: while the 'occupy Wall Street' organization--or dis-organization, depending on whom you believe--claims to be leaderless, the group is supported--and some say, financed--by both the George Soros financial and socio-liberal media empires as well as Richard Trumpka's various AFL-CIO unions.
1. America is Good.
2. I believe in God and He is the center of my life;
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday;
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government;
5. If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it;
6. I have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results;
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable;
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion;
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The twelve values are: honesty, hope, reverence, thrift, humility, charity, sincerity, moderation, hard work, courage, personal responsibility, gratitude (orig: friendship).
The 'spokespeople' for the "occupy...." group are saying that 'corporations' have:
1. Taken our houses;
2. Poisoned the food supply;
3. Hidden and profited from the 'torture, confinement and cruel treatment of countless animals;
4. Held students hostage with.... debt on education, which is itself a human right;
5. Used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press;
6. Continued to block generic forms of medicines that could save people's lives;
7. Participated in the murder and torture of innocent civilians overseas, et al.
While claiming to represent "the 99% of the people against the 1% (that 1%-- presumably--being those evil corporations)," the group making these ludicrous assertions, they also demand that:
1. Employees not only strike, but seize their workplaces, collectively;Without the defined criticisms and goals required of a logical protest, this one surely will not have the lifespan of the "Tea Party" movement. It can not be a well-reasoned protest--against those evil corporations and capitalism, as an example--to partake of the products and services of those very entities they protest!! Just a couple of examples:
2. Students seize classrooms and free minds together;
3. [The citizenry] seize and use abandoned buildings, abandoned land.... for the people, for every group that will organize them.
1. Each protester invaribly has a cellphone-from an evil corporation-and-capitalist like Apple, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Boost Mobile, Cricket, Virgin Mobile, U.S. Cellular, MetroPCS, Tracfone, et al;It's been some time since I've found someone as out-of-touch-with-reality as Mr LaFong! As loosely-knit an organization as the "Tea Party" movement is, they have no demand for; no use for 'financing' that LaFong alleges. The "Tea Party" movement supports a return to a smaller federal government, reduced federal spending, a balanced federal budget, adherence to the provisions of the U.S. Constitution, for the benefit of everyone-including these demonstrating miscreants!!
2. Each protester has to "use-the-restroom," periodically. Reports have it that they go to a local McDonald's Restaurant for that service-an entity--an evil corporation and capitalist--that makes a profit; an entity--an evil corporation and capitalist--that pays a wage as low as they can!!
3. A comment from one 'Spencer LaFong (10/03/'11)' on the "occupy...." website:
"The Tea Party is financed by the corporate greedheads that are the target of these protesters. Their "clear message" is lower taxes for their corporate masters, no government services or benefits for the non-wealthy masses, and the mythical "free market" --sorry, no such thing. They get their "representatives" elected by lying and playing to their ignarant audience and their basest fears."
All these assertions; all these demands, seem to come directly from the 'playbook' of the 1960s demonstrators and--most probably--will be just as successful!! The oWS movement is not the 'grassroots' effort the proponents claim it to be with aforementioned backing and funding from both Soros and the various labor, service and teachers' unions. For those finding my assertions not believable, when's the last time 700 "Tea Partiers" were arrested?!?
The oWS participants have long been indoctrinated into the ways of the dependency class of the American societal structure. The dependency class--in the modern era--got an early 'push' with the Lyndon Johnson "Great Society" which sought to placate the negroes in America with many of their number qualifying for existing and new entitlement programs. Not only did President Johnson extend entitlement programs to millions of those just marginally qualified; it was under his administration that Social Security (FICA) payments to the Treasury went from a special 'lock-box,' to being deposited into the general fund, to be spent--willy-nilly--with the other, general tax receipts.
More examples of failed socio-fascist entitlement programs clearly indicate that the democRATics; the owe-bamacRATics lead the way in wealth redistribution; this is a newly-found phenomenon by "Clown Prince ZERO-bama, The Narcissist!" Starting with the FDR 'alphabet programs,' and Social Security; continuing on with every democRATically controlled Congress conspiring with their democRATic president. Way-back-when, Social Security benefits were tax-free; bett'cha didn't know that!! In 1983, the 98th Congress (Senate-R majority; House-D majority) voted to initiate the taxation of 50% of Social Security benefits. We can thank that socio-fascist AlGore (who also claims to have invented the internet--another of his many lies!!) for casting the tie-breaking vote in raising the portion of said benefits subject to taxation to 85%.
The list of federal entitlement programs just continues to grow--as if on HGH:
529 or Coverdell educational savings plans;With all these cash and in-kind benefits, why would anyone work?!? Why DOES anyone work?!? Many--if not most of--the oWS protestors have had each-and-every-one of these wealth re-distribution programs available for them to abuse for an entire lifetime!! Is it any wonder--after being bombarded with benefits by politicans--they "roll-over-and-play-dead" when it comes to gainful employment?!? Hell, there's no reason to work, if ya know how to 'game the system!!'
The home mortgage tax deduction;
HOPE or Lifetime Learning Tax Credit;
Child and dependent care tax credit;
Earned Income Tax Credit;
Social Security-Retirement 'n' Survivors;
SSI (Supplemental Security Income);
Government Subsidized Housing;
Food Stamps (EBT Debit Cards).