Thursday, December 4, 2008

This'n'That; December 8th [EPA;Stauer;Ford]

Got The Feeling You're Being Left Behind? When I slow down enough to give my existance some thought, I end up being depressed with the whole system. There seems to not be a place where I fit into the "national" scheme of things. I live in the State of New York, one of the most crooked, mis-managed states in the union!! The legislature is controlled by Democrats that refuse to do anything the Democrat governor wants with relation to the the state's failing economy and massive government spending. On the national level, depending on the issue at hand, I'm either unrepresented or underrepresented!! We in the Rochester area, are subjected to the whims of "Geeze Louise" Slaughter, older'n dirt and our representative for almost that long. With "Geeze Louise" comes Chuckie [Cheese] Schumer and Hillary Rob'em Clinton. All three of'em never saw a Republican they didn't try to "screw to the wall!!" Chuckie Cheese was one of the folks who, knowing full well that NAFTA would screw the American worker and economy, negotiated it [with "Slick Willie's" approval] as an "agreement" rather than a "treaty." Treaties require two-thirds [67] senatorial approval; executive agreements are undertaken through the President's powers and do not need senatorial approval. Economically Punish Americans [EPA] One part of the oversized, overfat federal conglomerate is the dictatorial Economically Punish Americans [EPA]. A bunch of boobs appointed to positions far above their intelligence, in a unit that does not have to secure congressional approval for their misguided plans and programs. Has anyone heard the latest from the Economically Punish Americans [EPA]? Now they want ANOTHER ANNUAL FEE, this time applied to farmers. Each dairy farmer will be assessed an annual fee of $175 PER COW. Each beef farmer will be assessed an annual fee of $87.50 PER COW. Each hog farmer will be assessed an annual fee of $20 PER PIG. This is all in the name of prevention of "greenhouse gases!!" Since when did the assessment of a fee to a human alter behavior [read "farting"] of an animal?? This time it won't be the "factory farms" tolling the death nell for the family farm-it will be the federal government's quest for the redistribution of wealth via the EPA. Scams By Seemingly Good Companies For the last several months I've been buying Christmas [NOT "holiday"] gifts for family and friends on-line. One of the companies I've been dealing with is the Stauer Company [ www.stauer.com ]. I've ordered from them twice in as many months. Last evening the first item I saw on their website was a FREE 18" strand of cultured pearls!! The price listed was $0.00!! I put them in my "shopping cart" where the price remained $0.00. I then found some sunglasses that would serve a couple of people who need the eye protection and these would fit over their prescription glasses. I put them in my "shopping cart" at a total of somewhere around 78bucks. The total of my "shopping cart" was the same 78bucks, so I went through the check-out process. I entered my delivery info, my credit card info and clicked on "process." In a coupla minutes, I got a receipt that stated that the total was in the neighborhood of 404BUCKS!! I searched the entire website and could find no way to cancel the order. I immediately sent them an email attempting to cancel the order. In payment I had used my bank debit card as a credit card so I couldn't call that 24hour number for Visa Credit Card problems. I sent the bank an email via their website and earlier this morning was assigned a "ticket number" on my complaint. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Right now, ONE THING I know won't happen: Me EVER buying from the Stauer Company EVER AGAIN!!! Thinking that I could have been wrong on the "freeby," I emailed the ad to a friend. She checked it out and couldn't find any small print that indicated that there was a dollar amount qualifier. How 'bout That Ford Stock, Aye On November 19th, I bought Ford [F] at a buck, fifty-seven. I had no idea at that time how the bail-out giveaway would treat the auto industry; I just decided to take "a flier" on an auto stock. Two hours after the market opened [12/08/008] the stock is $3.1601, up 101.3%!! Let'er rip, boys and girls!!!! Something is working for the little guy in this economy!!! Investor's Business Daily If anyone sees an offer for a cuppla days of free papers, jump on it!! I did, and I both enjoyed and profited from the reading. They have a wide perspective on the art of investing; all kinds of helpful charts, articles and tips for success. I'm just sorry I can't afford to be a regular subscriber-a beneficiary of their wealth of information!! Til nex'time.......

allvoices

allvoices

No comments: