Wednesday, September 21, 2011

This'n'That; September Twenty-First #2; A Book

If You Wanted To Know:
    Since one of my (step) sons became intimately involved, I've had a deep interest in the military's "Special-Ops" world.  The 'specials' in each branch of the American armed forces likes to think they're the best but I've never found a definitive dissertation on the subject.  I've read the generic sorta books that really don't give the reader much specific information.
    I bought this book soon after it arrived on the discount market; I rarely pay full-price for any book, no matter the author.  The book I refer to is "Lone Survivor," The eyewitness account of Operation Redwing and the lost heros of SEAL Team 10, by Marcus Luttrell (with Patrick Robinson).  I found out about this book--and it's author--as an avid listern to the Glenn Beck Radio Program.
   Thusfar, I've completed the first five chapters which detail the extensive, grueling, torturous, training the Navy SEALs go through!  This should be required reading in every juvenile detention center, every city and country lock-up, in every state and federal prison!!  The putzes in the aforementioned institutions--while they think they're tough--wouldn't make a decent pimple on a SEAL's ass!!!
    In winding up the training phase of the his book, Mr Luttrell made the following statement, which I quote:
    "But now you know:  what it took, what it meant to all of us, and, perhaps, why we did it.  Okay, okay, we do have our own little brand of arrogance.  But we paid for every last drop of that sin in sweat, blood and brutally hard work."
    "Because above all, we're patriots.  We will willingly carry the fight to whoever may be the enemies of the United States of America.  We're your front line, unafraid and ready to go in against al Qaeda, jihadists, terrorists, or whoever the hell else threatens this nation."
    "Every Navy SEAL is supremely confident, because we're indoctrinated with a belief in victory at all costs; a conviction that no earthly force can withstand our thunderous assault on the battlefield.  We're invincible, right?  Unstoppable.  That's what I believed to the depths of my spirit on the day they pinned the Trident on my chest.  I still believe it.  And I always will."

Til Nex'Time....
  Were I to still have mid- to late-teenagers and early-twentysomethings, this book would be required reading for them as well; both boys and girls!!

allvoices

allvoices

No comments: