Speaker John Boehner is definitely "up to his ass in alligators" with this obamacRATic on-going spending spree "Clown Prince" obama is pushing. He is not the only one to face this kind of lunacy! Remember Vice-President George H.W. Bush during the 1988 republicRATic primary and his nomination acceptance speech, saying "....read my lips, no new taxes." President Bush (41) later--under tremendous pressure from democRATics in the Congress--was forced to raise taxes without commensurate, PROMISED spending cuts.
Let's look at the history--that Speaker Boehner probably won't see--behind the various presidents' tax policies. Said history only goes from Lyndon Johnson, forward through the first-term of Bush-43.
Table #1--'Change in real spending for each presidential term:'
Table #2--'Number of departments' and agencies' budget cuts:'
Table #3--'Changes in real spending, selected departments' and agencies,' by presidential term:'
|ALSO: See notes at bottom of each chart at referenced URL|
During three presidential terms, several departments and/or agencies had significant reductions in outlays: Reagan 1: 8 of 15; Clinton 1: 9 of 15; Reagan 2: 10 of 15! The remaining presidential terms' reductions were between zero and five departments/ agencies.
We're considering nine presidential terms and fifteen selected departments and agencies, for a total of 135 opportunities to raise or lower real spending levels. Over all, this range only produced 30.3% of the departments/agencies being reduced (41 of 135 opportunities, covering 36 years).
- Only HHS has never suffered a reduction;
- Only HUD, Justice and State-one reduction;
- Only Education and Transportation-two reductions;
- Only Agriculture, Defense and Veterans Affairs-three reductions.
If I were Speaker Boehner's fiscal/economic advisor, I would seriously caution the Speaker to take any obamacRATic revenue generation/spending cut pronouncements with "several tons of salt!" I would counsel Speaker Boehner to insist on--with appropriate legislation signed-into-law--several spending changes before any discussion of "revenue inhancement." Those would be:
- NO debt-ceiling increases through 2025;
- Change to Zero Based budgeting; eliminate the federal use of Baseline budgeting;
- Continue the current obama federal income tax rates (formerly, the Bush tax rates) for all taxpayers for 5 years;
- Agree--again, with appropriate legislation signed-into-law--to a formula of spending cuts versus revenue 'inhancements,' in the area of $1 in revenue for each $8 in spending reductions.
- ANY budget enhancements; bailouts; "Barack'a Claus"-style payouts to the 'taker-class' must be paid for by cuts in any other budgetary area EXCEPT DEFENSE;
- Agree--again, with appropriate legislation signed-into-law--to a CUMULATIVE 2% in annual reductions to foodstamp and welfare funding through 2016.