Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This'n'That, November 5th[Election;PEBO;OOIDA]

My Guy Didn't Win Actually, my guy wasn't even in the race!! My view of this election-one of those "hold-yer-nose-and-pull-the-lever" contests. I thought and still think, neither candidate was up to or even prepared for the job. Now the "o-bomb-a" must go away; I intend to respect the office if not the man. I think I'll call the president-elect P[resident] E[lect] B[arack] O[bama], thus PEBO. New Respect For The Top Job In previous elections, either my guy won or I was too busy with family crap to be concerned with the idiosyncrasies of the formulation of a new government. PEBO was NOT MY FIRST CHOICE and for that reason, I'm probably taking a closer look and giving more thought to the upcoming administration. It's gonna be "one heluva job" to put together a cabinet and executive branch that can function with America's needs, wants and desires foremost in their minds and actions. Walking into a world economy in ruin, two on-going wars, the rise os suspected Russian domination in eastern Europe just to name a few of the problems to be considered while putting together the best minds for advice and opinion. Yee-Haa For One Trucking Company Any of you folks that are/were truckers or other travelers, know that Mount Vernon, Ill., is near the intersection of I-57 and I-64 and home of several large truck stops. Well, in September, '008, the City of Mount Vernon approved the addition of a city tax of 2-cents/gallon [diesel only] in addition to all other fuel taxes. The city also has a 1-percent restaurant/beverage Tax and a 2-percent telecommunications tax. David Schnautz, the General Manager for Clark Freight Lines, Inc., Pasadena, Tx., notified 200+ company and leased drivers not to fuel in Mount Vernon, Ill. Congrats to Mr Schnautz for this decision!! It's the same reason I rarely fueled in New York State unless necessary, then only enough to get me to a state line. Til Nex'time...............

allvoices

allvoices

No comments: