Friday, May 6, 2011

This'n'That; May Sixth #2; My Wandering Mind

How Does The Brain Get From 'Here' to 'There?'
    As is our norm, we (the Young Miss Lovely and I) get up at the same time, around 3:30AM.  She does what she does.  I check my fasting glucose levels and blood pressure.  I turn on the computer and wander through it until "The Steve Leveille Broadcast" comes up on http://www.cbsboston.com/; I fix my coffee, load my 'bowl' and head to the porch for a smoke and coffee.
    As our early morning progresses--she: "paintin' the barn (doing her makeup);" me: wandering through Scottrade, checking and recording our investments and retirement funds.  We're conversing along the way, usually about what-ever topics are on Steve's mind, today:  'What's your favorite accent (worldwide)? Who has done the worst 'Boston Accent' on the big and little screensIs it good that Osama bin Laden was killed
    [Here, I have to mention that Steve is a die-hard liberal owe-bamacRAT!]
I half-heartedly suggested that we call the show and suggest that Mark Steyn has the best 'New England' accent.  If Steve didn't know of Mr Steyn, I'd relay that he subsitutes for Rush Limbaugh on occasion.  At that point I 'googled' Mr Steyn to see where he was born, grew up, educated and where he lived, currently [Toronto; Canada and GB; King Edward's School, Birmingham, GB; northern New Hampshire].
    During my research into Mr Steyn I found that he had authored a book: "America Alone:  The End of The World As We Know It;" a tome on the conversion of Europe to a majority of Islam believers, practitioners.  This led me to the term: 'eurabia,' a political term that refers to the muslim population in Europe--due to continued immigration and high birth rates--will become a majority in the next few generations.  Now that "eurabia" thingie; that deserves further research!
Til Nex'Time....

allvoices

allvoices

No comments: