The federal government--"Clown Prince" owe-bama notwithstanding--wastes millions-of-dollars everyday, in one form or another. Here are some of the worst infractions:
- $3million on treadmills for shrimp; to determine if sick ones have the same endurance as healthy ones!
- $2.6BILLION annual federal government printing expense. This includes $28million for 4,500 copies of daily congressional records which are also available on-line!
- $175million spent annually by the Department of Veteran's Affairs for upkeep on unused buildings including a 'monkey house.'
- $112million for fraudulant reimbursements to prisoners.
- $47.6million streetcar project in Atlanta, Ga., which travels the same route as the subway beneath it!
- $15.7million on the Clark County Shooting Range (Las Vegas) which loses 1.3million bucks a year.
- $5million for a 3-week FAA party disguised as a training conference in Atlanta, Ga.
- $4.2million for 'duplicative' shuttle services for federal employees; AFTER spending $18.5million annually for a bus service.
- $2.9million to explore how online 'virtual worlds' (World of Warcraft; Second Life) can help organizations collaborate and compete more effectively.
- $2.9million for a 2010 Census ad that appeared during the Super Bowl.
- $2million to study posting photos online: Do those who post pictures at the same time from the same place, more socially connected?!? YUP!
- $1.5million for new toilets at Denali National Park: equals 36 poopers at $41,000 per-"paperwork" not included!
- $1.5million for a laundry-folding robot; One towel every 30 minutes.
- $1million to study baby names: Popular names are popular with parents.