Friday, October 31, 2008

This'n'That; October 31st[Halloween;Welfare "Rats"]

Do You Trick-Or-Treat? When I had young children, we trick-or-treated, both giving and receiving. Even after the kids grew up and left home, we provided treats for all the little goblins that came to the door. Fast forward to this evening. One of my shortcuts coming home from work passes through a fairly densely populated suburb of the city. I travel about 10 blocks before getting to the major cross-street that separates the 'burb from the city. Some of the oddities I observed: The ghouls and goblins have advanced in age. There were several "twenty-somethings" out trick-or-treating. Those fine folks who volunteer to help me spend my money [read: Welfare Rats!] had about a dozen kids loaded into their Escalade and were driving from neighborhood to neighborhood. At practically each corner they stopped, all the doors opened, the kids flocked out and went "up one side and down the other!!" This WAS NOT just one vehicle, but at least a half-dozen!! This goes on all over the city!! I'll bet the kids get fifty-pounds of candy, each!! Mister Tooth Decay and the area dentists will be busy.... and we get to pay for it!! The government says I HAVE TO pay for these slugs to live "high, wide and handsome".... but it don't say I gotta give 'em anything, voluntarily!!! Til nex'time.....

allvoices

allvoices

No comments: