Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This'n'That; April Twenty-Sixth #1; Day Off

A 'Forced' day Off
    When necessary, Mondays are one of my "runnin' 'round" days-the other being Thursdays.  Most of my doctor's appointments are scheduled on Mondays; Thursdays are my grocery, tool, lottery and building supplies buying days.
    Over the past weekend I had to deal with my asshole neighbor!  He steadfastly refuses to  replace the eaves trough he removed several years ago;  this causes all the rain runoff from his roof to end up in our basement. 
    The City of Rochester (NY) is worthless in this case!!  The code enforcement inspectors--after one finally chases down a website--say they can only fine him for non-compliance which are added to his tax bill.  He cares not one wit; his mother owns the house, is responsible for the taxes and never seems to question any rise in the total taxes.  Allegedly, the city can only fine him on a frequency of 60 days--but, only after I call.  So--not only do I call the code enforcement office each 60th day--I openly refer to him as 'the asshole next door;' even to him--face-to-face!!
    Yesterday was such a discouraging day, I decided to just take a day off; ta' hell with everything!!  Due to the aforementioned 'asshole,' I vacuumed up 70 gallons of run-off from the basement last Thursday morning; Saturday morning, the total was 85 gallons--and--it rained again last night!! You got any idea how heavy a shop-vac filled with twelve gallons of water, is?!?  Try picking up 12 gallons of milk at the same time!!
    So--the moral of the story is--if you're looking for a city to move to, DO NOT choose Rochester, N.Y.;  the city is governed and managed by owe-bamaesque inept boobs and the jobs are all but non-existent!!
    Enough of my whining!!  Hopefully, on to more important--thought provoking--items.
Til Nex'Time....

allvoices

allvoices

No comments: